10 Things Koreans should not say to Foreigners
- Are you American? Dude, not all white people are from the USA.
- (Speaking to a non-white person from Canada) Do you feel left out in your country? Seriously, learn what the term Ethnic groups means and read a website. Geeze, we know you know how to use the Internet!
- How old are you? None of your damn business. Older than you, so you already know to use the formal style of Hangul, so use it already.
- Are you married? None of your business. Learn the term ‘personal boundaries’ and look up how that applies to non-Koreans why don’t you?!
- (My wife got this one) Teacher, you are sexy! WTF, do you really don’t know how to behave around adults? Why don’t we have a conversation with your parents eh?
- Is Canada cold? Umm….does it snow in Kangwon-do? Guess what….Snows in Canada too during the winter.
- Do you know Justin Bieber? Oh no you didn’t?! We actually have deported him to another country. Our Government forbids us to talk about him so let’s just pretend this didn’t happen ok?
- Do you know Gangnam Style? I can’t get away from it. especially being played at every cellphone store…which is like every 10ft here. Hey, let me ask you, do you know what ‘air’ is?
- Do you like Korea? Well, once you get past the spitting, the cars that don’t give a fuck about pedestrians, people bumping into you and not caring, old ladies cutting you off in line because they don’t care, complete lack of privacy when landlords just come into your apartment at any point, then sure…I like Korea. It has nice mountains….they don’t’ bother anyone with dumbass questions.