So it’s been just over a year that I have lived in another country. The experience is something I would never trade for anything. I still walk down the street and think “Wow, I am living in a completely foreign country.” I don’t think it’s something I will ever be 100% not surprised at as life goes on. It’s like suddenly realizing that you are living in part of a dream you had always wanted to live in. Opportunities have come that far exceed anything I ever planned for and experiences are something now that I crave and look forward too all the time. I now think “I want to do X just because it’s an experience.”
Let’s sum up a few things that has happened/learned over the last year.
- Getting here was an in of itself. 10,000 total flying miles was a big part of that.
- There was getting my first haircut as well. Boy did I ever learn that ‘setting #3’ here is NOT the same as in Canada.
- I also learned that Koreans are very serious about their Coffee places to hang!
- As with any foreign place, you get to see a lot of strange things.
- Then I found out that I am an Alien! (Ha! I knew I couldn’t be related to my brother!)
- I saw a Demilitarized Zone that had more fortifications that I have ever seen!
- I found out that you can bring beer into a movie theater.
- I like KPOP Music.
- You can read a comic while waiting for subways.
What will the next year bring? Not sure. I have been rather quiet on the blog recently, having been posting more on Google+. It seems Google may be forcing my hand to leaving their waste of time and come back here. Might do that any ways, same for Facebook.
I do plan on making a trip back to Canada next year just not sure when. I am thinking maybe Aug/Sept but my wife is thinking Christmas. Will have to wait and see how this plays out and will have a better idea early next year.
To sum up my year in a couple of words? It’s been awesome.